Porrima Crash

Emryss

I have gotten to a certain part in the game where I would like to by a new ship in Paradiso, but every time I try to go to Porrima, my game crashes in the loading screen. I can go to other start systems, but Porrima always makes my game crash. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of any potential fixes? I've tried former saves, all my drivers are updated, and I've restarted the game multiple times.

Hi Emryss! Are you crashing as you arrive at Porrima II in space, or when you attempt to land in Paradiso? From my various game saves, I haven't encountered any issues warping to the Porrima system, orbiting Paradiso, boarding the Mysterious ship in orbit, or landing in Paradiso.

Does the crash give you any error messages or does it crash straight to desktop?

Have you verified the game files? Absolute worst case scenario, you may need to uninstall the game, restart your computer, and reinstall (but hopefully not).

It's also worth checking: have you installed any mods?

I have verified all my game files, it gives me no error messages, just crashes straight to desktop, and I do not have any mods installed. It occurs in the loading screen before I even arrive to Porrima, as soon as I click travel and the loading screen starts, it crashes. If I have to uninstall it I will, I have steam cloud activated so I can get my save files back, but I was hoping it was a bug that could be patched because this is the only star system it does it with.

Hi Emryss! Are you crashing as you arrive at Porrima II in space, or when you attempt to land in Paradiso? From my various game saves, I haven't encountered any issues warping to the Porrima system, orbiting Paradiso, boarding the Mysterious ship in orbit, or landing in Paradiso.

Does the crash give you any error messages or does it crash straight to desktop?

Have you verified the game files? Absolute worst case scenario, you may need to uninstall the game, restart your computer, and reinstall (but hopefully not).

It's also worth checking: have you installed any mods?

I have verified all my game files, it gives me no error messages, just crashes straight to desktop, and I do not have any mods installed. It occurs in the loading screen before I even arrive to Porrima, as soon as I click travel and the loading screen starts, it crashes. If I have to uninstall it I will, I have steam cloud activated so I can get my save files back, but I was hoping it was a bug that could be patched because this is the only star system it does it with.
Real quick update, I have starfield also downloaded on my laptop and the same error occurs. I am able to play and look at everything else except that star system. I also created a new save file with a new character to test the same error and it was not duplicated, so it may be a bug with just my first game file. Perhaps its a specific item or ship I have with my main character that's causing the crash?

Fingers crossed that it was a one-off, but I'd be curious to find out if there's a quest marker/item that bugs out the Porrima system. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a fix!

Back