Help in The Well

Dragoness

Hi, I don't know if anyone else has found this , but I found a secret room in the well where you needed to crawl through a vent to get to it. Inside was a rare arc welder. the first time I picked it up, a bounty popped up, so I reloaded a save. the bounty was gone, but after I left, I was immediately arrested by UC guards, I reloaded a few times and and always the same thing. I found a note from the original thief and it said they were waiting till the heat died down to come back for the weapon. So this was a sting op! Does anyone know if it is tied to a quest or how to get the weapon without getting a bounty or arrested?...HELP, I want that weapon!

Update:
If nothing else below works; after you take the weapon and get caught, you can get confiscated contraband and stolen items back from the UC security office. There's a stolen items chest in the UC office right outside ot the New Atlantis Landing area. You can just go in, and pick the lock while hidden. Idk if every security office has one depending on where you get arrested, but the video I saw had it in that one after their ship got scanned.

DId you try closing the shutter, while remaining in stealth before picking up the item? I noticed there's a switch for the shutter on the window while exploring. I haven't tried though because I'm trying to RP as a paragon/ straight arrow type first time through.

Also, there's a kiosk in one of the shops by the Landing area when you first arive that has a terminal for paying off bounties. TerraBrew coffee I think it was. Maybe you can try getting to that to clear your bounty if it's glitched. Pain in the @$$ but that's the only thing I can think of without using the console.

Last edited:
Update:
If nothing else below works; after you take the weapon and get caught, you can get confiscated contraband and stolen items back from the UC security office. There's a stolen items chest in the UC office right outside ot the New Atlantis Landing area. You can just go in, and pick the lock while hidden. Idk if every security office has one depending on where you get arrested, but the video I saw had it in that one after their ship got scanned.

DId you try closing the shutter, while remaining in stealth before picking up the item? I noticed there's a switch for the shutter on the window while exploring. I haven't tried though because I'm trying to RP as a paragon/ straight arrow type first time through.

Also, there's a kiosk in one of the shops by the Landing area when you first arive that has a terminal for paying off bounties. TerraBrew coffee I think it was. Maybe you can try getting to that to clear your bounty if it's glitched. Pain in the @$$ but that's the only thing I can think of without using the console.
Thanks rabbot, I will go back and see if I could close the shutter, also if I pay the bounty, it would be like paying for the gun, and I don't know, if I had a bounty , if it would reflect negatively on my character. Also someone suggested to try to pass it to my companion quickly, and see if that will solve it.

Thanks rabbot, I will go back and see if I could close the shutter, also if I pay the bounty, it would be like paying for the gun, and I don't know, if I had a bounty , if it would reflect negatively on my character. Also someone suggested to try to pass it to my companion quickly, and see if that will solve it.
Thanks, that worked, closed the shutter and handed it to Sarah, got away scott free. Took it to get cleaned, and now, bobs your uncle!

Back