Couple of persistent bugs

Warfrost

The first significant bug I got was some of the pavement missing from the New Atlantis Spaceport(for some reason I cannot attach a screencap so here's a reddit post link to the same issue I am having https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https://i.redd.it/45t5h1plgqnb1.png).

The second is a bit more frustrating...the ECS Constant NEVER leaves orbit above Paradiso. I've tried everything to fix it- talked to the jerks on Paradiso, talked to the Captain of the Constant, but she never moves. I have the "Location of ECS Constant" quest but it's always in the same spot. Also, not a bug but a suggestion- it would be nice to be able to abandon and re-get a quest like this. In other games that often fixes associated bugs.

It looks like the specific pavement entities have been disabled somehow - you'll see a similar effect if you ever use the "disable" console command on various environmental objects (which is how I got most of the roof off of Neon for the map). Does leaving the system and returning reload the tiles? If not, I'd suggest validating Steam data just in case there's an issue with your game files.

The second is weird, because I have the exact same issue. I completed the quest, fitted their ship with a new grav drive and did all the steps correctly, but it's almost like a trigger has been missed? For all they talk about finding a new planet to settle on, they don't seem keen on moving!

The only fix for the ECS Constant I can think of will be a reset quest console command. Once we know what the quest ID is, we should be able to replicate steps used on previous Bethesda games to advance through objectives one by one and see if that triggers the ECS Constant to jump.

It looks like the specific pavement entities have been disabled somehow - you'll see a similar effect if you ever use the "disable" console command on various environmental objects (which is how I got most of the roof off of Neon for the map). Does leaving the system and returning reload the tiles? If not, I'd suggest validating Steam data just in case there's an issue with your game files.

The second is weird, because I have the exact same issue. I completed the quest, fitted their ship with a new grav drive and did all the steps correctly, but it's almost like a trigger has been missed? For all they talk about finding a new planet to settle on, they don't seem keen on moving!

The only fix for the ECS Constant I can think of will be a reset quest console command. Once we know what the quest ID is, we should be able to replicate steps used on previous Bethesda games to advance through objectives one by one and see if that triggers the ECS Constant to jump.
Have already validated my files on several occasions to see if it helped- it didn't. I have not ever used any console commands in Starfield...I never do on a first playthrough of any game, nor will I use them to fix a bug because I don't want to risk my achievements being turned off. The NA floor bug and ECS Constant bug are both widespread and I'm holding out hope that BGS will fix them.

Fingers crossed they fix it sooner rather than later!

I get where you're coming from about achievements. It's a bit hit and miss and I remember modding a different character save somehow marked all my saves as modded. As a result, I missed out on several achievements. Had to install the achievement enabler mod to get around that.

Yeah I'm at 257 hours as of now and still haven't done NG+ yet. I want to do as much as possible first. I love the game. I do have some minor critiques but overall it has exceeded my expectations

Back