I just rolled into my first NG+ after 319 hours, but with a couple of minor regrets

Warfrost

I decided to run a clean first playthrough without mods nor console commands(I want all the achievements) and although I was able to do a clean first playthrough, it was at the expense of not being able to complete the ECS Constant quest which was bugged. I realize I was very likely lucky in that only one quest broke, but man...I am impressed. I enjoyed every minute of Starfield, and I can't wait to see where the game goes.

The only thing that is the bummer(broken quest aside) is that no matter what I did I couldn't get the last two powers. I know one is tied to Barrett, and even after I completed his personal quest and got every other temple location(minus one) the game wouldn't have him give me the quest, nor would Vlad give me the last temple location. This should never have been an RNG thing. I had wanted to go into NG+ with every power but I got SO sick of grinding the repeatable quests for what seems to be no reason, I gave up and moved on. I love game, but I wish we could get some occasional acknowledgement of these kinds of issues here in the forums.

I decided to run a clean first playthrough without mods nor console commands(I want all the achievements) and although I was able to do a clean first playthrough, it was at the expense of not being able to complete the ECS Constant quest which was bugged. I realize I was very likely lucky in that only one quest broke, but man...I am impressed. I enjoyed every minute of Starfield, and I can't wait to see where the game goes.

The only thing that is the bummer(broken quest aside) is that no matter what I did I couldn't get the last two powers. I know one is tied to Barrett, and even after I completed his personal quest and got every other temple location(minus one) the game wouldn't have him give me the quest, nor would Vlad give me the last temple location. This should never have been an RNG thing. I had wanted to go into NG+ with every power but I got SO sick of grinding the repeatable quests for what seems to be no reason, I gave up and moved on. I love game, but I wish we could get some occasional acknowledgement of these kinds of issues here in the forums.
Considering the amount of time I've spent in Starfield, I have been impressed by the general lack of bugs compared to previous Bethesda titles at launch. I agree that the RNG can be a bit frustrating though. My version of Barrett died, which naturally locked off his entire questline. I was able to pick it up during NG+, but I was more than a bit frustrated to lose basically everything bar XP, powers, and skills.

I must have spent hours in the ship builder and traveling between vendors (before discovering you can build the outpost ship customizer which has most of the parts available) and all that got flushed down the drain for NG+ 🙁

Hopefully Bethesda will sort out some of these issues. They recently released a patch for the Echoes of the Past mission which was causing enemies to spawn in unreachable locations, and therefore softlocked the objective.

That, or the community patch will eventually catch up 😂

Considering the amount of time I've spent in Starfield, I have been impressed by the general lack of bugs compared to previous Bethesda titles at launch. I agree that the RNG can be a bit frustrating though. My version of Barrett died, which naturally locked off his entire questline. I was able to pick it up during NG+, but I was more than a bit frustrated to lose basically everything bar XP, powers, and skills.

I must have spent hours in the ship builder and traveling between vendors (before discovering you can build the outpost ship customizer which has most of the parts available) and all that got flushed down the drain for NG+ 🙁

Hopefully Bethesda will sort out some of these issues. They recently released a patch for the Echoes of the Past mission which was causing enemies to spawn in unreachable locations, and therefore softlocked the objective.

That, or the community patch will eventually catch up 😂
Yeah this is definitely the least-buggy release they've done. What's sad is that I finally went through the Unity, and when I did the ECS Constant quest, I got the very same bug. It never leaves Paradiso orbit lol

We can always save our games before we try something out.
I started my own NG+ but not without a save game first. Right before the last leap with the sphere on, I did a save right there.
You'll get better stuff popping out as you level up through the game so don't regret just yet =) You're gonna enjoy more then you actually think.
And to finish the main missions line it's somewhere pretty quick so, you'll get there again quickly.

Cheers.

We can always save our games before we try something out.
I started my own NG+ but not without a save game first. Right before the last leap with the sphere on, I did a save right there.
You'll get better stuff popping out as you level up through the game so don't regret just yet =) You're gonna enjoy more then you actually think.
And to finish the main missions line it's somewhere pretty quick so, you'll get there again quickly.

Cheers.
Yeah it's been good so far. My only frustration is that Sarah is taking FOREVER to build rep with lol. All good though. If I don't get her personal quest in this run I'll get it the next =)

Back