Burden of Proof crash. Shadows in Neon quest block.

doublebrew

I went back to finish this quest after completing the Crimson fleet questline. I sided with UC forces, siezed the key, etc. After that I did some other quests and ended up finding the last audio log I needed to finish the "burden of proof" quest, however whenever I try to enter the UC vigilance to turn in the quest the game immediately crashes and sends me to desktop.

Another issue I am having is with the Freestar Collective questline. After speaking with Billy Clayton I opted to do the "confront Emmet Goodman" objective. In the dialog tree I chose to attack him. After killing him however, the quest did not update and still says "confront Emmet Goodman," and he is still very much dead so I can't talk to him and seemingly cannot advance the quest in any way.

I am playing on the STeam version of the game on Windows. My game is up to date.

Weird. I'm guessing that by completing the Crimson Fleet questline, Burden of Proof has become redundant? (Can't see why the UC need evidence of Fleet activities after crushing them). Hopefully something Bethesda patch as definitely sounds like a conflict.

Have you tried using the "resurrect" console command on Emmet? Might be how you get around the objective, though he may still be hostile on being brought back to life.

Weird. I'm guessing that by completing the Crimson Fleet questline, Burden of Proof has become redundant? (Can't see why the UC need evidence of Fleet activities after crushing them). Hopefully something Bethesda patch as definitely sounds like a conflict.

Have you tried using the "resurrect" console command on Emmet? Might be how you get around the objective, though he may still be hostile on being brought back to life.
I'll give that console command a try. I like the idea of the freestar ranger's questline but it's so far been broken twice on the same quest. First time it just wouldn't assign the "shadows of neon" quest but they patched that, only for it to break again when I killed Emmet.

Back